Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Grammar
Ellipsis, Apostrophe, Hyphen, and Dash
-Comic strip books
-Show business ellipsis
-Illustrate removal of letters
-Formation of possessives
-Plurals of lowercase letters
-Two or more words serving as adjs.
-Line breaks (syllables)
-Places emphasis on words
-Stronger than commas and parentheses
-Ranges and Values
-Relationships and Connections
1) How do you know where to separate a line break?
a. Wherever you think it sounds best
b. After the second syllable only
c. After any syllable
d. Exactly in the middle of the word
2) A _______ is stronger than a comma.
3) Which of the following would a hyphen be used for?
a. Compound numbers
b. Emphasis on words
c. Add in additional information
d. To conclude a sentence
4) All of the following are correct uses of apostrophe EXCEPT
a. Omission of letters
b. Formation of possessives
c. To place emphasis
d. Plurals of lowercase letters
5) When do you hyphenate two words?
a. Two words describing an object
b. Place emphasis
c. Removal of letters
d. Show omission
6) For possession use ___________.
7) How many periods are used in an ellipsis?
8) List one difference between a hyphen and a dash.
9) Comic strip books use which piece of grammar?
10) Which is used for a pause between dialogue?