Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Trail of Tears
Transcript of The Trail of Tears
1.What was Jefferson's vision of America?
2.How did the Cherokees practice spirituality?
3.In what ways did the Cherokees take Jefferson's advice?
4.Why, despite following Jefferson's advice, were the Cherokees removed?
5.About how many died on the "Trail of Tears?"6.While Jackson hoped to be called "Great Father" by the Cherokees, what name did they actually use? Cherokee Nation Appeals to Supreme Court
1.What did the Cherokees do to resist removal?
2.How did Jackson respond to the Supreme Court's decision? Your Task:
Write a letter to Andrew Jackson explaining your position on Indian removal.
Make sure they remember they are addressing the president and you should include facts to back up your ideas.