Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Make, Have, Let, Help, and Get
Transcript of Make, Have, Let, Help, and Get
These constructions explain that one person
another person/animal to do something
Compare your answers with a partner on page 160.
- make something easier for someone
Make, Have & Let
these verbs show how much choice the other person has about doing the action
Unit 10: Make, Have, Let, Help, and Get
With a partner, match the vocabulary words to these questions.
reward complicated punishment
physical humane former
1. It is not simple. What is it like?
2. The elephant rebelled. What did it get?
3. The monkey did the trick. What did it receive?
4. This kind of health is as important as emotional health. What is it?
5. They used to be trainers. What are they?
6. They are kind to the animals. What kind of treatment do the animals get?
on Christmas Eve. (require)
the new grammar. (cause)
on weekends. (permit)
milk on my way home. (cause)
= (force someone to do something) no choice
The teacher made students take the exam.
= (cause someone to do something) some choice
The teacher had students write a paragraph.
= (persuade someone to do something) choice
The teacher got the students to watch TV in English.
- force someone to do something
- no choice
Finish these sentences using make...
The police officer...
- cause someone to do something
- some choice
Finish these sentences using have...
to the store.
- persuade someone to do something by giving rewards/reasons
- there is a choice
Complete these sentences using get...
Use make, have, and get to answer these questions...
1. Gerry is a trainer at a water park. What does he make his dolphins do?
2. Susan had her students work very hard this morning. What did she have them do?
3. Brad has a younger sister, Ashley, Last weekend, he got her to do lots of things for him. What did he get her to do?
- to permit/allow someone to do something
Finish these sentences using let...
use let to answer this question
In return for all the favors Ashley did for her brother, he let her do things he doesn't usually let his sister do. List three things he let her do...
Write 3 examples of things/activities that help you in your daily lives.