Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Beowulf: An Epic Poem
Transcript of Beowulf: An Epic Poem
stages of the English Language
Old English: 450-1066
Modern English: 1500-Present
Beowulf was written in: Old English (Anglo-Saxon), a Germanic Language.
This time period is known as: The dark ages (a time of feudalism)
Three Germanic tribes invaded Britain
together these tribes were called the Anglo-Saxons:
These tribes were from the present day countries of: Germany and Denmark
A Warrior's Life
The relationship between King and warrior: one of mutal respect rather than subordination.
Revenge: Warriors would avenge fellow knight's deaths. The slayer must pay with his life
or with $$$$$
Triumph of light over dark-The monster must lose!
Allegiance: Warriors defend kingdom to death