Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Beowulf: An Epic Poem
Transcript of Beowulf: An Epic Poem
stages of the English Language
Old English: 450-1066
Modern English: 1500-Present
Beowulf was written in: Old English (Anglo-Saxon), a Germanic Language.
This time period is known as: The dark ages (a time of feudalism)
Three Germanic tribes invaded Britain
together these tribes were called the Anglo-Saxons:
These tribes were from the present day countries of: Germany and Denmark
A Warrior's Life
The relationship between King and warrior: one of mutal respect rather than subordination.
Revenge: Warriors would avenge fellow knight's deaths. The slayer must pay with his life
or with $$$$$
Triumph of light over dark-The monster must lose!
Allegiance: Warriors defend kingdom to death