Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Respiratory System
Facts about the lungs
- In the lungs the air we breathe contains oxygen and other gases.
- The lungs work with other systems because they provide the oxygen and by supplying air to the organs and your brain.
- The lungs make up one large organ in your body, and they work with your system to allow you to take in fresh air and get rid of stale air.
- The disease that affect the organs because the organs allow you breathe.
- The disease that can affect you is called Chronic Obstructive Pulmnary Disease. (COPD)
- The Respiratory system exchanges gases between the body and the enviorment. As air flows through the Respratory System, it passes through the nose, mouth, pharynx, trachea, bronchi, singular, and lungs.
- The parts of the system work together and supply the body with oxygen.
- They also get rid the body of wastes such as carbon dioxide.
Facts about the Pharynx an Trachea
- Oxygen enters the body when you inhale or breathe in.
- Carbon dioxide leaves the body when you exhale.
- Air travels through the pharynx to the trachea.
- The trachea is also called the windpipe because it's long.
Facts about the Bronchi and Alveoli
- There are two bronchi's, one enters the left lung, and the other one enters the right lung.
- The bronchi id divided into smaller tubes that end up in tiny groups of cells.
- The alveloli is surrounded by blood vessels called capillaries.
- The blood inside the capillaries transports oxygen to res of the body.
Facts about the nose
- The nose is the only part in the system that is visible.
- Air is drawn in via the nostrils or external nares and enters the large nasal cavity.
- The nose in the Respiratory system does work with another systems because food first does down to the throat, and moves to the digestive system and it lets you breathe when it goes down your throat.
By: Julissa, Alyssa, Melissa, and Sofia
Facts about the mouth
- The mouth works with other systems by the center where explain where exchange of gas mainly and most importantly oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- The mouth moves air in and out of your body when you're using oxygen and eliminating carbon dioxide, a gas produced when cells use oxygen.
Pictures of the Respirtory System