Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Changes in Matter
Transcript of Changes in Matter
Chemical and Physical Change
The difference between a chemical and physical change is... In a physical change the material stays the same.In a chemical change it becomes a completely different kind of matter.
Types of Chemical Changes
Examples: A ship's wheel is made of iron.After years of being underwater the iron on the wheel becomes iron oxide.
Chemical Change Time
When a chemical change occurs, atoms rearrange themselves to form different kinds of matter.
Reactant and Product
A substance used during a reaction is called a reactant.A substance made during the reaction is called a product.They are connected because they are both part of a chemical reaction.
A chemical equation shows what happens during a chemical reaction.
Example: If fossils are scattered through limestone it is hard to chip it, so you can use vinegar to dissolve the limestone.
Thanks to: yotube.com and to Scott Foresman Science book
Reece Peach 5B