Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
linux mint install
Transcript of linux mint install
Installation Linux Mint Download the ISO Burn the ISO to DVD Linux Mint is a computer operating system designed to work on most modern systems, including typical x86 and x64 PCs.
Linux Mint is a very modern operating system; Its development started in 2006. It is, however, built
upon very mature and proven software layers, including the Linux kernel, the GNU tools and the
Gnome desktop. It also relies on the Ubuntu and Debian projects and uses their systems as a base. If you don't have a broadband connection, or if your Internet access is too slow you can order
the DVD from this web site: http://www.osdisc.com
Otherwise, you can visit the Linux Mint download page here:
http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php If you’re running Windows you can use a program like InfraRecorder (Open Source Program):
Make a Pen Drive with (Boot with your USB):
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/ You have linux Mint installed Carlos Antonio Davila Chavez 201020673
Hector Vinicio CAbria Barrientos 200915623 http://distrowatch.com/ Linux Mint it's the most popular
Linux distribution Place the DVD in the drive and restart the computer. (You have edit the BIOS in your computer to load first your DVD or USB) You should now see the following screen: Boot the LiveDVD After a little while the live system should be ready and you should see the desktop:
Double-click on the “Install Linux Mint” icon located on the desktop. The Installer appears: Select your language and press the “Forward” button. Then press the “Forward” button.
- If you choose to use the entire disk (Erase disk and install Linux Mint), its content will be erased and Linux Mint will be installed as the only operating system on your computer.
– If you choose to install it alongside other operating systems (Install Linux Mint alongside them), the installer will use the free space available on other partitions to create a new one for Linux Mint. You will be asked how much space you want to allocate to it. The installer will then shrink a partition and take care of everything for you. Post-installation your computer will have a boot screen from which you'll be able to boot all your operating
systems. If you choose to specify partitions manually (Something else), a partition editor will appear. That is for expert people. Choose the appropriate option and click on the “Forward” button. (I chose the first) Select your country Select your keyboard layout Insert your User and Password Wait for the installation