Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
03.03 Periodic Trends
Transcript of 03.03 Periodic Trends
by Marioly Chacon
Analysis & Conclusion
1.Refer to the graph that you created in Part I of this assignment. Describe the general trend or patterns that you observed in the atomic radius as you go across the periodic table.
- The pattern is that as the atomic radius goes up, so does the atomic number. But the graph goes down at a slant.
2.In Part II of this assignment, you graphed the atomic radius of some elements from group 14 on the periodic table. What is the general trend for atomic radius going down that group?
- The graph is going up at a slant.
3. What element in Period 5 of the periodic table is a member of Group 14?
4. The word interpolate means to use a given line graph to find unknown points between the plotted points of the graph. Use your line graph from Part II to interpolate, or estimate, atomic radius of Tin (Sn)
5. Tin's actual atomic radius is 140 pm. Use the math equation below to determine the percent error of your estimated value
6. The atomic radius you estimated from your graph is most likely not exactly the same as the true atomic radius of tin. There is a small percent error. What do you think caused this error?
I maybe didn't do the math correctly or estimated wrong.
Scatter plot 1
Scatter plot 2