Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Persuasive Speech - Gay Rights
Transcript of Persuasive Speech - Gay Rights
~There should be equality in the workplace
~There should be equality in relationships
95% of the people in here didn't know this
Equality should be in the workplace
U.S. Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity
Sexual orientation = Work ethic
~85% of you didn't know that 2 million same sex couples end up adopting from a foreign country
~Although it is legal in all states, except for Utah and Mississippi, many couples go through great difficultly adopting in the states.
-Human Rights Campaign
It should be easier
~Same sex couples do in fact adopt
~3 decades of research prove kids of same sex parents are doing just fine.
-Benjamin Siegel, School of Medicine professor of Pediatrics
~90% of you support it!
~Definition: a legally, religiously, or socially sanctioned union of persons who commit to one another, forming a family and economical bond
Civil Unions = Marriage
Civil Unions don't allow:
~Refusal to testify against your partner
~Rights to see them in the hospital if it's fatal
~Not always a factor in marriage
~Separation of church and state
~LOVE = the underlying factor of marriage
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..."
-Our Founding Fathers
1. Barlow, Rich. "Gay Parents As Good As Straight Ones | BU Today | Boston University." Boston University. N.p., 11 Apr. 2013. Web. 23 June 2013. <http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/gay-parents-as-good-as-straight-ones/>.
2. "Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript." National Archives and Records Administration. N.p., 4 July 1776. Web. 26 June 2013. <http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html>.
3. "Gay Adoption." Premier Gay and Lesbian Store Online | Loveandpride.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 June 2013. <http://www.loveandpride.com/GayAdoption#top>.
4. "Human Rights Campaign." Human Rights Campaign. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 June 2013. <http://www.hrc.org>.
5. "U.S. Department of Labor - Find It By Topic - Equal Employment Opportunity." United States Department of Labor. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 June 2013. <http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discriminati
-Gay Adoption, loveandpride.com