Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Persuasive Speech - Gay Rights
Transcript of Persuasive Speech - Gay Rights
~There should be equality in the workplace
~There should be equality in relationships
95% of the people in here didn't know this
Equality should be in the workplace
U.S. Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity
Sexual orientation = Work ethic
~85% of you didn't know that 2 million same sex couples end up adopting from a foreign country
~Although it is legal in all states, except for Utah and Mississippi, many couples go through great difficultly adopting in the states.
-Human Rights Campaign
It should be easier
~Same sex couples do in fact adopt
~3 decades of research prove kids of same sex parents are doing just fine.
-Benjamin Siegel, School of Medicine professor of Pediatrics
~90% of you support it!
~Definition: a legally, religiously, or socially sanctioned union of persons who commit to one another, forming a family and economical bond
Civil Unions = Marriage
Civil Unions don't allow:
~Refusal to testify against your partner
~Rights to see them in the hospital if it's fatal
~Not always a factor in marriage
~Separation of church and state
~LOVE = the underlying factor of marriage
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..."
-Our Founding Fathers
1. Barlow, Rich. "Gay Parents As Good As Straight Ones | BU Today | Boston University." Boston University. N.p., 11 Apr. 2013. Web. 23 June 2013. <http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/gay-parents-as-good-as-straight-ones/>.
2. "Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript." National Archives and Records Administration. N.p., 4 July 1776. Web. 26 June 2013. <http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html>.
3. "Gay Adoption." Premier Gay and Lesbian Store Online | Loveandpride.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 June 2013. <http://www.loveandpride.com/GayAdoption#top>.
4. "Human Rights Campaign." Human Rights Campaign. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 June 2013. <http://www.hrc.org>.
5. "U.S. Department of Labor - Find It By Topic - Equal Employment Opportunity." United States Department of Labor. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 June 2013. <http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discriminati
-Gay Adoption, loveandpride.com