Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Encouraging children to read
Transcript of Encouraging children to read
Helen Han Jung Lee
Carmen Chia Yuan Huang Encouraging Children to Read CONTENTS Why don't children want to read?
Benefits of reading
References Why don't children want to read? Benefits of reading
- Academic & Transferable Benefits
- Further Benefits Stakeholders Questionnaire - Analysis of the process - Is it applicable?
- Our Questions
- Our Results
- What did we do next?...... Morgan, 2008 S
T Objective To have 15% of Parents of children aged 5 - 10 in the UK, aware of our campaign over the first 6 months
Measured via... Marketing Communication Channels Personalized Communication
Target Audience (Profile strategy)
Leaflets (Website address)
Reading Corners Reading Corner Stakeholders libraries Book shops Children Staff Parents Government Schools General Public Charities * Locations
* Recycling Box
* Challenges SWOT Today a Reader,
Tomorrow a Leader. It`s boring.
I don`t have the time.
It`s too hard.
It`s not important.
It`s not fun.
Books are too long. 1. Snow, C., Burns, M, & Griffin, P., 1998. Preventing Reading Difficulties In Young Children National Research Council ; Washington, DC : National Academy Press. [Accessed 14 May 2013]
2. Children’s Publishing., 2012. Pest Analysis. Available from: http://www.keynote.co.uk/market-intelligence/view/product/10627/children%27s-publishing/chapter/7/pest-analysis [Accessed 14 May 2013]
3. Henri, J., Warning, P., Angel, L., 2007. A Scalable Model for Developing Reading Habits in Children through Libraries in Rural China. 1-78. Available from: http://www.chenyetsenfoundation.org/2007_Reading_Model_Final.pdf [Accessed 14 May 2013]
4. Anon., 1999. The Effects of Teen Pregnancy on Children. Available from: http://www.studymode.com/essays/Effects-Teen-Pregnancy-Children-15695.html [Accessed 15 May 2013]
5. Kaplan, G.,., Googman, A.,Walker L., 2004. Understanding the Effects of Early Motherhood in Britain: The Effects on Mothers . Available from: http://ftp.iza.org/dp1131.pdf[Accessed 15 May 2013]
6. Bingham, H., 2007.” Youngsters 'prefer TV to family”. BBC News. Available from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7012819.stm [Accessed 15 May 2013]
7. Shmuley, R., 2008. Children and Technology, Oprah.com. Available from: http://www.oprah.com/relationships/Children-and-Technology [Accessed 15 May 2013]
8. Loveys, K., 2011.” Three-quarters of children aged five use the internet EVERY DAY.” Daily Mail. Available from: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1361806/Majority-children-young-FIVE-use-internet-day.html [Accessed 15 May 2013]
9. Carnegie UK Trust., 2012, A New Chapter: Public Library Services in 21st Century. Falconbury Design, 9-23
10.Morgan,T.A., 2008. Benefits of Reading For Children - How Reading Can Help Concentration. Available from: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Teresa_A._Morgan [Accessed 14/05/13]
11.North,S., 2000. "A Place for Children: Public Libraries as a Major Force in Children’s Reading", Library Management, 21(5), 271 - 278
12.Mayesky,M.,2009. Creative Activities for Young Children. 9th Edition. USA: Delmar, Cengage Learningy Management, 21(5), 271 - 278
13. Hume,L.E.,Lonigan,C.J.,and McQueen,J.D.,2012. Children’s literacy interest and its relation to parents’ literacy-promoting practices, Journal of Research in Reading. 0(0), 1 - 22 References (North, 2000) (Mayesky, 2009) (Hume et al, 2012)