Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Education system of USA
Transcript of Education system of USA
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Elementary & secondary education
- mainly provided by the public sector.
- compulsory for all children in the United States (from 5-18 years old)
- separated into 12 grades.
- Mandatory subjects (Science, Mathematics, English, Social sciences, Physical education)
- using a letter grade in grading scale.
- Preschool (3-5) : Pre-kindergarten
- Elementary school (5-11) : Kindergarten - Grade 5
- Middle school (11-14) : Grade 6-8
- High school (14-18) : Grade 9-12
- Post-secondary education (Ages vary)
(normally biology, chemistry and physics)
(normally including algebra, geometry, pre-calculus, statistics, and even calculus)
(including literature, humanities, composition, oral languages, etc.)
- Social sciences
(including various history, government/economics courses)
- Physical education
* receive some form of
at least once between grades 7 - 12
College & university
- called freshman, sophomore, junior, senior years (4 years program)
- Bachelor Degree, Master Degree, and Doctoral Degree
- Professional degrees (law, medicine, pharmacy, dentistry) are offered as graduate study after earning a bachelor's degree.