Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of EUROPE 2020
Reap the benefits of a digital single market for households and firms
The priorities of this initiative:
1. Creating a digital Single Market
2. Applying information and communications technologies
to address challenges facing society
climate change ageing population.
3. Boosting internet trust and security
4. Much faster internet access
SUSTAINABLE GROWTH Priority goals 4. the idea of a more integrated approach 5. Promoting entrepreneurship through mobility programs for young professionals 6. promoting the recognition of informal learning 7. Necessary investment of at least 2% of a country’s GDP in higher education meanwhile this percentage nowadays is only 1.28%
RESOURCE-EFFICIENT EUROPE The long-term framework
the creation of low-carbon economy
the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 80-95%
the low-carbon transport system
The medium-term framework
the energy efficiency plan (energy savings)
the alignment of "common" policies
a new EU biodiversity strategy (green economy)
ensuring the sustainable supplies of raw materials
a "circular eceonomy" (EU-recycling society)
AN INDUSTRIAL POLICY FOR THE GLOBALISATION ERA I IF Europe wants to remain a global
economic leader Industry must be placed center stage cut the costs for business the future trade agreements the new strategy on raw materials
the approach focused on the whole supply chain ACHIEVE EUROPEAN COMPETITIVENESS AND FOSTER THE SUSTAINIBILTY OF THE EUROPEAN INDUSTRY INCLUSIVE GROWTH EUROPEAN PLATFORM AGAINST POVERTY CONCLUSION Thank you for your attention!
Nina Stajčić Main points:
- enhancing labor
- market participation
- skills acquisition
- the fight against poverty
(new skills and jobs)
How to achieve it?
Improving flexibility and security in the labor market
Having the right skills for the jobs Having better working conditions Better conditions for job creation
„Relative poverty remains a main challenge in most EU countries “ – EU Commission
EU can play a coordinating role by:
Identifying best practices and promoting mutual learning
Setting up EU-wide rules
Making funding available
FIRST RESPONSES The macro-economic approach is not promoting inclusive growth
Education not seen as an investment (school dropout highlights large disparities)
Lack of coordinated action (focused on emplyement)
-1.step diversification of energy sources
- Integration of national stockpiles creating a common energy policy
-Good example reflecting actual energy policy problem is a gas dispute between Russia and Ukraine
-working on bio-economy
-shifting highway monies to expand mass transit and non-motorized transportation infrastructure?!
- ''EU patent law'', establish one common appeal court(saving €300 million per year)
1. Main goal increasing international attractiveness of Europe's education institutions through EU internationalization strategy 2. They are afraid of unique educational system and centuries-old universities disappearing 3. Problematic education budget