Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ground Control to Major Nerdy
Transcript of Ground Control to Major Nerdy
READY for LAUNCH
PLANET DOS EQUIS
TO MAJOR NERD
EXPLORING THE NERDY GIRLS ORGANIZATION
Find solutions for Nerdy Girls by exploring three planets to learn interdependence:
1. Planet Believers - Pooled Interdependence
2. Planet Not Creative -Sequential Interdependence
3. Planet Dos Equis - Reciprocal Interdependence
NERDY GIRL RECOMMENDATIONS
MISSION SPONSORED BY
- Nerdy Girls members are a network of intelligent women from different backgrounds.
- Nerdy Girls hosts a number of networking events for members to meet others who share similar interests.
- Members share skills and knowledge across the group in order to learn and discover new areas.
NERDY GIRLS MISSION STATEMENT
Nerdy Girls is a national organization that creates intelligent communities to empower women. Members are encouraged to participate in and become a part of the culture around them through education, art, and volunteerism. Our community events aim to support local business and to initiate involvement between members and their neighborhood leaders.
Challenges Facing Nerdy Girls
- Goal Identification
- Volunteer Retention
- Lack of communication
- Occurs when members work independently.
but combine their work.
- Results in the least amount of conflict.
- Each member can perform completely
different functions that do not overlap in
task, skill or duties performed.
- All sources draw resources from a shared
- One person or group failure can result in the overall failure of a project.
Pooled Interdependence Chart
- Consists of one way interactions. The output of one team member or department becomes the input to another. This results in an increase in communication which also increases the potential for conflict.
- Adaptive planning and scheduling is required to manage a sequential interdependence environment for optimum productivity.
- Showing appreciation towards
volunteers by hosting appreciation dinners, banquets and award ceremonies.
- Volunteer recognition in monthly newsletter and through social media.
- Featured volunteer stories on website.
- Giving volunteers free food, goodie bags and thank you cards after Nerdy Girls events.
- Giving a volunteer of the year award.
- Creating a knowledge repository that each chapter member and volunteer can have access to share information.
- Hosting weekly teleconferences for all chapter leads and including board members.
- Annual National Nerdy Girl Conference.
- Creating a member that is on the board from each city chapter.
Sean Holmes, Brad Kindle,
Alison Scribailo and Nissi Lamb
- Occurs when there is cyclic
communication between all
- Good communication and close coordination between all team members.
- Highest performance when team is cohesive.
- Each person depends on each other and interacts regularly.
- Team members in the early part of
the chain are highly independent.
- However, members in the latter part of the chain are highly dependent on the upstream team members.
- Generates solutions faster, completes tasks,
and preforms better than most teams.
- Often requires combining
- Works best when members provide feedback.
-Highest amount of conflict.
Blasting off to home!!
Recommendations - Motivation
RECOMMENDATIONS - Communication