Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Anne Bradstreet American Author Presentation
Transcript of Anne Bradstreet American Author Presentation
Who says my hand a needle better fits;
A poet's pen all scorn I should thus wrong,
For such despite they cast on female wits.
If what I do prove well, it won't advance;
They'll say it's stol'n, or else it was by chance."
Anne Bradstreet Anne Bradstreet The First American Woman Published To My Dear and Loving Husband "If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me ye women if you can." "To My Dear and Loving Husband"
Anne Bradstreet Presented by: Lindsey Foster marital love
supposed to be repressed in Puritan community Verses Upon the Burning of Our House a fire destroyed home in 1666 "And when I could no longer look,
I blest his Name that gave and took,
That layd my goods now in the dust:
Yea so it was, and so 'twas just.
It was his own: it was not mine;
Far be it that I should repine." Verses Upon the Burning of Our House
Anne Bradstreet poem is
pious acceptance of God's will Anne Bradstreet 1612 1672