Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Tropical Continental
"Why Do We Have Seasons? - Yahoo UK & Ireland Answers." Yahoo Answers UK - Ask Questions & Get Answers On Any Topic. Web. 21 Apr. 2010. <http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071125043816AA9bo3X>. • Main characteristic: alternate wet and dry seasons, caused by the apparent movement of the overhead sun
• Take Kano as an example (Kano is a state in Nigeria in northern hemisphere)
The dry season
Occur in Novem-February
Influenced by prevailing trade winds blowing from the east
Hot and dry, resembles climate of hot temperature. The wet segment
• The hot, wet season occurs at Kano: May-September
• 21 June: the sun is overhead the Tropic of Cancer in the northern hemisphere.
• 2 reasons for the increase in temperature:
The sun takes a more vertical position
Places are too far inland to be affected by any moderating influence of the sea.
• Temperatures fall slightly in July and August as cloud cover and rainfall increase.
• The climate resembles that of equatorial areas in July and August as convectional thunderstorms occur frequently .