Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Scholarship Jacket Day 2
Transcript of The Scholarship Jacket Day 2
THE SCHOLARSHIP JACKET
As we read...
THOUGHTS by Grandpa, Martha, or the Principal that help you to identify how the conflict is getting fixed (THE RESOLUTION)
What's the problem?!
What is the conflict?
1.Each of you has a packet with three characters labeled “MARTHA,”GRANDPA,” and “PRINCIPAL”
2.Throughout the room, there are FOUR chart signs labeled “Integrity,” “Discrimination,” "Overcoming Discrimination," and “Honesty”
3. Each of you will pick one of the three characters and decide which sign that character should be pasted to based on WORDS, THOUGHTS, AND ACTIONS from the story that make you think the character demonstrated THAT QUALITY
4. Once you have completed one character, move on to the next one of your choice.
Once you find at least TWO pieces of evidence that support your character being in the sign you have chosen, come up to the sign QUIETLY and paste your character onto it. Return to your seat immediately.
Start on a second character of your choice and do the same.
If there is a sign in which EVERY SINGLE character has evidence correctly supporting their placement, the students who pasted those characters will all get candy.
The more signs you put a character in, the better your chances!
Anything that conveys a lesson or message (THEME)
Please Fill in the Blanks Below:
• The ________________________ is the outcome of a conflict in a story
• Today we will need to look at how _____________________ can influence the resolution in a conflict
• We will do this by looking for characters' ______________________,
_______________________ and _______________________________.
• From identifying the ___________________________, we will then make connections
to the text and find the ________________________________.
• The theme is the overall ____________________________ or
______________________________ you learn from the ____________________________.
What is the resolution?
Moe steals Bob's truck and when Bob
tries to get it back, Moe wants to fight him
Bob does not fight and walks
away from the truck
Sometimes we have to decide what things are worth fighting for and away from things we might want
Someone asked me to help them cheat during the exam, but I felt that I had to act with so I refused.
Based on the sentence above, integrity most likely means
c) strong moral principles