Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Teen Brain
Brain Growth Pattern
Use It or Lose It
Two Major Developmental Spurts
One takes place in the womb
The second occurs through adolescence
Alcohol Effect Pattern
Depresses the behavioral inhibitory centers – You become more talkative, more self-confident and less socially inhibited.
Slows down the processing of information from the senses – You have trouble seeing, hearing, smelling, touching and tasting; also, the threshold for pain is raised.
Inhibits thought processes – You do not use good judgment or think clearly.
The Amygdala is part of the Limbic System which controls emotions and memory. You experience exaggerated states of emotion (anger, aggressiveness, withdrawal) and memory loss.
When alcohol affects the Cerebellum, your muscle movements become uncoordinated.
When alcohol affects the brain stem, you will start to feel sleepy and with increased alcohol use, it can lead to unconsciousness.
What Is Your Risk?
Concern for Friends