Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Proteins!
-Proteins are organic compounds that consist of large molecules composed of one or more long chains of amino acids* Where are proteins found and what are their purposes?
-Proteins are found in every cell, muscle, and tissue in our body and its also in many foods we eat. Their real purpose is to grow, maintain, and repair cells. Too much protien can be bad for you. If you take in too much protein it can lead to high cholesterol*. From the high amount of fats in certain foods containing protein can lead to heart disease and strokes. Too little protein can be bad because your body will become weak and you will have little energy. Definitions-
*cholesterol- A compound found in most body tissues and important in metabolism. You need cholesterol because it makes cell membranes which are very important to everyone. Yet too much can be very bad because it can lead to heart disease which leads to heart attacks.
*Amino acids- Amino acids are chemical compounds that contain carbon, hydrogen and nitrogen to make up different types of protein the body needs. Random Protein Facts:
- 1 gram of protein= 4 calories of energy
- Proteins should account for 10-35% of your daily calorie intake
- The average woman needs about 46 grams of protein each day
- The average man needs about 56 grams per day Good sources of protein- Meats, fish, eggs, poultry, and dairy products are good sources of protein because these foods contain essential amino acids.