Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of UNDERSTANDING HYPERMEDIA
1. define hypermedia and its characteristics; and
2. Explain how they are going to integrate hypermedia in their class.
What is HYPERMEDIA?
This fact makes it therefore important to understand hypermedia in the educational context in order to ensure their successful integration in the teaching-learning process.
HYPERMEDIA is nothing but MULTIMEDIA but this time packaged as an educational computer software where information is presented and student activities are integrated in a virtual learning environment.
To be reported by:
Moneva, Joyce Delmar J.
Velasco, Katherine Rose D.
The presentation of information- learning activities in multimedia is said to be sequenced in a non-linear manner. Meaning, the learner may follow his path of activities thus providing an environment of learner autonomy and thinking skills.
Most educational IT applications are hypermedia and these include:
• knowledge webpages;
• simulation instructional games; and
• learning project assessment, and others
• tutorial software packages;
The flight simulator used to train pilots is an example of a highly developed hypermedia program. Observe that it stimulates an environment that allows student pilots to practice authentic (as is needed to be done in the real world) tasks while reducing the load of the cognitive mode of learning.
What are the characteristics of HYPERMEDIA?
For the most part, the learner controls the sequence and pace of his path depending on his/her ability and motivation.
VARIETY OF MEDIA
Hypermedia includes more than one media (text, graphics, audio, animation and video clip) but does not necessarily use all types of media in one presentation.
This means the learner makes his own decisions on the path, flow or events of instruction.
RANGE OF NAVIGATION ROUTES
Hypermedia in a Classroom