Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ester Value
An organic compound formed in the reaction between acid and an alcohol where water is released.
Their general formula is RCOOR
The mass of potassium hydroxide in milligrams required to neutralize one gram of chemical substance.
The saponification value is the sum of acid value and ester value
Equal to the saponification value minus the acid value .
(The difference of saponification value & acid value )
The action of alkali on oil paint whereby the paint is softened causing a defect
Hasnaa Safwat Awad
Reham Atef Zaki
Dalia Ali Yousef
Tiseer Mohamed Awd
This test method is useful in determining the assay of solvents and thinners which are esters or solutions of esters of carboxylic acid.
The ester value is calculated as percent ester
in which a stands for the number of cc. of half-normal alcoholic potassa solution and s for the number of grams of oil of used.
If for 1,5 g. of bergamot oil employed 0,1 cc. of half-normal potassa has been used to neutralize the free acid, 6,0 cc. for saponification,
the reaction between alcohols and carboxylic acids to make esters.