Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Of Mice And Men
Transcript of Of Mice And Men
"An' live off the fatta the lan'," Lennie shouted. "An' have rabbits. Go on, George! Tell about what we're gonna have in the garden and about the rabbits in the cages and about the rain in the winter and the stove, and how thick the cream is on the milk like you can hardly cut it. Tell about that, George."
SETTING Soledad, California
Tyler Ranch THEME American Dream
Migrant Workers THESIS STATMENT In Of Mice and Men, by Steinbeck, Lennie and George learn that when you think you got it out figured out, life prove you wrong. QUOTES Guys like us, that work on ranches, are the loneliest guys in the world. They got no family. They don’t belong no place. . . . With us it ain’t like that. We got a future. We got somebody to talk to that gives a damn about us. We don’t have to sit in no bar room blowin’ in our jack jus’ because we got no place else to go. If them other guys gets in jail they can rot for all anybody gives a damn. But not us. George wants to look after Lennie and we can see that, trough a lot of things, for example, at one point George tells Lennie that if he gets in trouble he needs to go back near the river and wait for George so both of them can go away. Lennie has no idea of how strong he is, we see this trough all the things he do. At one point he kills his new puppy, because he pet him too hard but he don't even know that he is worried because if George finds out maybe he won't let him tend the rabbits. IN TO THE NOVEL
1. The novel begins with George and Lennie running away from a problem.
2. If Lennie gets in trouble he goes back near the river. 3. They get to the ranch. 4. Candy's old dog gets killed. 5. Lennie gets a new puppy. 6. Curley's wife flirts with George and Lennie. 7. George says don't mess with her she's trouble. 8. Curley ask Lennie why he was mocking. 10. Lennie kills Curley's wife and runs away. 12. Surprise ending: George has to kill Lennie. 9. Lennie kills his new puppy. 11. Candy finds the dead body.