Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Health Care IT
Transcript of Health Care IT
“The application of information processing involving:
- that deals with:
Use of health care information, data, and knowledge for communication and decision making.” (1)
Security & Privacy Issues
--> The federal
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
signed by Bill Clinton in 1996.
How to Start
Health Care IT
- App built by the same company as WebMD.
- Acts as a medical resource for more than 3 million physicians, medical students and other healthcare professionals in the U.S..
- Has extensive coverage of medical news and research in 30 different specialties.
2. QxMD Calculate
- modern clinical calculator and decision support tool.
- This is the only free medical calculator app on the market and its purpose is to not just crunch numbers, but help inform your decision making process.
- Helps with a physician’s workflow from the beginning to the end of a patient’s visit to their practice.
- Most ideal for the iPad for use in the office when gathering information from clients, taking notes, reviewing past patient records and prescribing and refilling medication.
That measure your heart rate
Hardware and software that are used in the management of healthcare information.
Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
These store your medical records electronically so that your doctor(s) can more easily access and forward them to colleagues for second opinions and referrals. This reduces gaps in provided healthcare. (1, 2)
• Personal Health Records (PHRs)
These are the same as an EHR, but the patient controls what goes in them. This is so the patient can track things like doctor visits and food consumption. (2)
Electronically filed prescriptions reduce errors and the time it takes to receive the medication. (2)
• Electronic Dental Records (EDRs)
Same as an HER, but for dental records only. (1)
Allows immediate access to information spanning across entire business
Gives healthcare providers easier access to patient history
Enables quicker transfer of documents
Online healthcare (E-Healthcare) can be more user-friendly by eliminating traveling time and costs
Provides long-term cost savings
Many patients feel it seems less personal during doctor visits when their doctor is more involved in entering information into their computer rather than listening to them.
Security issues may allow hackers to access private information
Many employees find it easier to blame mistakes on the system
Initial cost of software/hardware/updates
May be difficult for seniors and others who aren’t so “tech-savvy” to learn how to utilize the systems
-->To make it easier for people to keep health insurance, protect the confidentiality and security of healthcare information and help the healthcare industry control administrative costs.
Who must comply
What Health Information is protected
What are patients rights under HIPAA’S privacy standards
What can a patient do if he feels his HIPAA rights have been violated
RIsks & Preventions
- Uses big data to notice trends in treating patients and uses these trends to aid doctors in providing the quickest and surest treatment available. Relies on the accuracy of the medical data.
• Digital Healthcare
- Using video communication technologies to have greater access to patients and make more efficient use of the doctor’s time. Expected to increase in use in the future, especially among younger patients. Seventy five percent of patients expect to use digital healthcare in the future.
- Doctors can use more nuanced scheduling programs to better organize their patient’s appointments. By being more organized, this allows doctors to treat their patients in a quicker manner. This process keeps the patient’s visit short.
Clinician involvement in development
It assures accurate and reliable content.
It leads to a better UX for the clinician with regards to how data is obtained, presented and incorporated into clinical workflow.
Patient and caregiver involvement in development
Consists of incorporating the digital interaction with activities such as timing of medications, physical activity, or even those unrelated to healthcare.
Content and visual displays to patients are necessarily different.
What prevents' it from happening?
Providers do not see the benefits of electronic records
Little incentive for providers
Security and privacy concerns
Well needed features are being left out
Workflow disruption and documentation burden
Lack of a platform for innovative applications
What's needed to keep it going?
A team of tech-savvy data experts working with practitioners who had a hand in creating the datasets to act as custodians of big data in a healthcare organization.
The various pools of health data should have subject-matter experts who could serve as a point person to help researchers, developers and others interpret that information and use it appropriately.
1) What does not prevent Healthcare IT from being adopted by healthcare providers?
A) Lack of a platform for innovative applications
B) Security and privacy concerns
C) Our technology is not advanced enough
D) Providers do not see the benefits of electronic records
2) What is not a main part of the future of healthcare?
A. Prescriptive Analytics
B. Digital Healthcare
C. Advanced Scheduling
D. Legalized Marijuana
E. They are all a main part of the future of healthcare
3) Which of the following would be considered a con of Healthcare IT?
a. Efficient flow of information
b. Less personal connection
c. Increased connections
d. Less long-term costs
4) What does HIPAA stand for
A) Health Interscope Portability Animal Association
B) Hip Inline Portability Accountant Association
C) Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
D) Health Insurance Possum Animal Act
5) Which medical app is a great tool for doctos?
D) 3D4 Medical
1. Mobile Devices
Use network access control (NAC) solutions, which offer the ability to identify each type of user and connected device, scan the device for threats – including out-of-date anti-virus or anti-spyware protection – then provide access based on the device and the user's role within the network.
2. Embedded Devices Become the Norm
Incorporate a security solution that will protect the integrity of critical (and often private) data and close any vulnerability gaps in the network.
3. Virtualization from Desktops to Servers
Set the stage now, before adoption explodes, by ensuring that your NAC solution and other network security tools can view an hosted virtualized desktops (HVDs) the same way they view a PC.
4. Viruses Spreading through Social Media
Quickly identifying which devices are infected is essential to maintaining network security and protecting crucial data.
5. IT Becomes Consumer Friendly
A solid NAC system can help stave off each threat. Respond with security solutions that identify any consumer-adopted device, scan for threats and deficiencies, then provision access or automatically remediate problems – regardless of the type of device or location.
Management Information Systems
4. 3D4 Medical
- A group of apps available for iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Use 3D technology to navigate and explore an animated, virtual human body.
- Offers a one of a kind experience to medical professionals.
Apps For Doctors
Most highly ranked apps for neurosurgeons to date.
- Features one of a kind, beautiful hi-res diagrams that can be used as a powerful reference tool for surgeons.
- Any aspect of a diagram can be zoomed in on to provide clear and comprehensive insights for its users.