Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Female Athlete: Building a Strong Foundation
Transcript of The Female Athlete: Building a Strong Foundation
Jennifer Hoenig, MA, ATC, LAT
Marilyn Hintz Kaminski, MS, ATC, LAT, CSCS The Female Athlete:
Building a Strong Foundation “It is our passion in life to prevent another little girl from tearing her ACL”
To educate parents, coaches, and athletes how to be involved in reducing the number of non-contact injuries in female athletes Our mission Injuries STATISTICS 70% 1:10 4-6x 2-8x 1:100
300 70% Inhibited; Weakened Overactivated, Shortened, Tightened (cc) photo by medhead on Flickr Muscle Imbalances Rehab Plan
1. Elongate Muscle #1
2. Strengthen Muscle #2 1.Prehab
2. Dynamic Stretching
3. Core Activation
4. Glute Activation
7. Strength WHY?? COG POSTURE Force Transfer 1. Build Foundation 2. Build Strength 3. Increase Explosiveness 4. Power Endurance Stages Biomechanical Essentials
1. Foot placement
2. Scapular position
3. Emphasize weak muscles
4. De-activate over-active muscles
5. Triple Extension/Triple Flexion
6. Core activation
7. Stable vs. Unstable Break out time!