Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Overuse of Social Media Negatively Impacts Productivity
Transcript of The Overuse of Social Media Negatively Impacts Productivity
Technology is Taking Over the Youth
53% of kids 8-12 have their own tablet
67% of teens have their own smartphones
Mobile devices account for 41% of all screen time for tweens and 46% for teens.
- Kelly Wallace, CNN
November 3, 2015
Time Spent on Social Media
Many of us use social media on a daily basis and a lot of us can admit we spend too much time on social networks everyday. According to a report by CNN.com teens and tweens on average spend around nine hours on social media per day.
Teens spend 9 hours a day using media, report says - CNN.com. (n.d.). Retrieved January 21, 2016, from http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/03/health/teens-tweens-media-screen-use-report/
Affects focus to complete your tasks
It could lead to less effort put into work
Almost 58% of teens use social media, and those who use it spend an average of about 2 hours.
Just under half of teens say they use social media "every day".
On any given day 42% of teens don't use social media at all.