Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of F.K. program
2) Quantitative & Qualitative enhancement of crop production
3) Socio-Economic Dynamics and Global Markets
4) Sustainable development of small rural communities in marginal areas;
5) Mediterranean food consumption patterns: diet, environment, society, economy and health MAIN IDEA Organization of a cycle of OPEN WEBINARS MAIN OBJECTIVE Knowledge development is the best way to identify concrete solutions for food security that really meet the needs of countries Creating opportunities for dialogue and development through a Mediterranean Network of experts, focused on research, innovation and transfer of knowledge for food security December 20, 2012 January 22, 2013 PRIORITY: Mediterranean food consumption patterns
SPEAKERS: Hamid El Bilali & Philipp Debs PRIORITY: Sustainable natural resources management
SPEAKERS: Pandi Zdruli & Gaetano Ladisa January 30, 2013 PRIORITY: Quantitative & qualitative enhancement of crop growing products
SPEAKERS: Thaer Yaseen & Alessandra Ricelli February 21, 2013 PRIORITY: Socio-economic dynamics and global market
SPEAKER: Roberta Callieris March 7, 2013 PRIORITY: Sustainable development of small rural communities in marginal areas
SPEAKERS: Lamberto Lamberti & Virginia Belsanti Feeding Knowledge Program Euro-Mediterranean Scientific Network on research and innovation for food security
International Technology Platform “Feeding Knowledge”
Creation of 12 NATIONAL ADVISORY SERVICES to support knowledge development at the local level
Support to National Extension Services to transfer research results and listen to stakeholders needs
Support to policy makers for the elaboration of effective policies on research and innovation for food security First cycle Target Area The Project is first focused on the Euro-Mediterranean region (Albania, Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian National Authority, Tunisia, Turkey). After 2015, project activities will progressively involve other regions of the world. Today webinar: Outline (some topics):
Crop productivity is affected by the incidence of pathogens and pests
Measurement of disease pressure and pthogen
Measurement of symptoms
Measurement of yield and quality
Establishing the relationship between disease and yield Quantitative assessment of biotic constraints to crop productivity
Prof. Richard Strange
Birkbeck College, University of London HOW You will need just a computer, internet connection and speakers or headphones IT'S EASY!!! Second cycle March 28, 2013 PRIORITY: Sustainable natural resources management
Title: The International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (ITPGRFA)
SPEAKERS: Dr. Mario Marino and Jenny Calabrese April 9, 2013 PRIORITY: Quantitative & Qualitative enhancement of crop production
Title: Quantitative assessment of biotic constraints to crop productivity
SPEAKERS: Dr. Richard Strange and Dr. Thaer Yaseen