Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Boxing
What is boxing?
The earliest evidence for fist fighting with any kind of gloves can be found on Minoan Crete (c. 1500–900 BC)
The modern sport
Rules for modern sport formalised in:
1838, London Prize Ring Rules
1867 Marquess of Queensbury Rules (still used today)
Specify fights should be "a fair stand-up boxing match.
Fighters square off in a 24ft ring.
Fighters can spend up to 12, 3 minute rounds, in the ring.
Typically a 1 minute break is allowed between rounds.
They are permitted to hit with the knuckle part of the fist on front or sides f the torso and face.
Image by goodtextures: http://fav.me/d2he3r8
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Competitive sport where 2 competitors with gloved fists attempt to throw punches at eachother.
The aim being to weaken and knock out your opponent.
Scoring the fight