Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Reducing
ex) drinking and driving but, knowing it is an illegal task.
Dissonance causes discomfort to people. This discomfort causes people to find anyway to reduce this feeling. two theories that will be discussed are to
alter importance of cognitive elements
What is Dissonance?
When people suppress their thoughts it is a way of ignoring the situation as a whole. Another way to suppress thoughts is to lie to oneself about the action or situation.
When a person attempts to alter the importance of a cognitive element, a person will try to make the action or situation not as bad as it really is.
Alter Importance of cognitive elements
Perloff, R. M. (2013). The dynamics of persuasion communication and attitudes in the 21st century. New York.
(n.d.). Retrieved March 09, 2016, from https:www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpO9lc5OJ-g//
Martin and Gina Bedroom Scene. (n.d.). Retrieved March 09, 2016, from https://www.youtube.com
Google Images. (n.d.). Retrieved March 09, 2016, from http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en