Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
WHS CRAAP Website Evaluation
Transcript of WHS CRAAP Website Evaluation
It is a way to remember what to look for in a good website. Anyone with the time and Internet access can publish a website. No one checks the Internet for accuracy. Search engines retrieve pages based on content, not on quality. When was the information posted or updated?
Does this site have 'dead' links? Who is this site written for?
Does it answer your question?
Is there enough infomation? Who owns the site?
Who wrote this page? Look at the domain name for clues:
.com - commercial
.edu - educational
.gov - government
.net - network
.org - organization (not always) Where did the information come from?
Are the sources cited?
Are there typos or factual errors? What is the purpose of the site?
Inform? Teach? Sell? Entertain?
Is there bias? Why do I need to evaluate a website? If you don't evaluate it, no one else will. Someone checks a book for accuracy before it is published. And only a small part of that is good for educational purposes. So, how do you know if a website is OK for your assignment? You use the CRAAP test! Garbage in...