Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Google's globalisation
Why did Google move to other countries?
Google (and other companies) move to other countries to gain the benefit. Since Google is a large company, it could discourage local competitors.
Are there any winners or losers due to their globablisation?
Google benefits from its internationalisation, but perhaps small, local companies could find this to be a disadvantage, as it means there is more competition.
Main signature products
It started as a project in 1996 in Stanford
University, Mountain View California. by Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
Brin and Page used the
This number is 1
The main office is 'Googleplex' in Mountain
View, California, but there are over 70
offices in 40 different countries.
Q1.) What year did the Google project start?
Q2.) Name three products by Google
Q3.) Where is Googleplex located?
Q4.) How many searches does google get per second?
Q5.) Who started Google?
Mountain View, California
40,000 Searches per second
Larry Page and Sergey Brin
Google (search engine)
Facts about Google
- In 2013, about 91% of Google's $55.5 billion revenue was from advertisement alone
- Google's search index contains more than 100 million gigabytes worth of information
- It may be the only company which wants to REDUCE the amount of time people spend on its site
- Google has photographed over 5 million miles of road for its Street View setting in Google Earth
- The first Google doodle was in August, 1998. It was of 'Burning Man', a desert in Nevada. The Google crew wanted people to know where they were going to be for the next few days, and why they can't fix their server problems right away
(They also had an exclamation mark
next to their logo like Yahoo!)
They intended to call
BackRub, but instead,
interpretation of the word 'googol'.
with one hundred zeros following.
amount of search results the website
it represents the
google gets 40,000 searches a day.