Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Figurative
A simile compares words with like or as
ex. #1 That house is like a mansion.
ex. #2 That is as big as a horse.
ex. #1 The house went bang when it fell.
ex. #2 boom,bang,plop,smack,ruff,meow,and neigh.
Compares without using words like or as.
ex. #1 Her house is a mansion.
ex. #2 She is fishing in troubled waters.
something you say that you do not really mean.
When human characteristics are given to a animal or object.
When you repeat the same letter.
An exaggeration that can be ridiculous or funny.
ex. #1 You snore louder than a freight train.
ex. #2 You could have knocked me over with a feather.
By: Andrea Burris
ex. #1 You have a green thumb.
ex. #2 Turn the house up side down.
ex. #1 My teddy bear gave me a hug.
ex. #2 The sun smiled down on me.
ex. #1 Sally sells sea shells by the sea shore.
ex. #2 Susan saw a snake on the side of the street.