Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Michael Barbato 8-
Transcript of Michael Barbato 8-
The battle of Jutland
Back story of the whole battle of Jutland
was fought between the British Grand Fleet and the German High Seas Fleet in 1916. Also was the largest battle fought on the sea. This battle was also known as the battle of Skagerrach in Germany.
The British leader in the Battle of Jutland was Admiral Sir John Jellicoe
The battle of Jutland encouraged the warfare of ships.
The leader of the germans in the battle of Jutland was Reinhard Scheer. Scheer ended up losing a total of 11 battle ships.
Originally a type of large and powerful armoured cruiser designed for similar roles - trade protection, scouting, support the battle-line. As large as battleships and with a similar main armament, although slightly fewer guns, they had much weaker amour but high speed. As time went on they became more like fast battleships and less like large cruisers. These ships are the types of ships that fought in the battle of Jutland.
The british won the battle and went on to win some other small naval battles.