Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Jazz Music
Jazz soon spread away from its origins in the deep South, and Jazz bands in different American cities developed distinctive local styles.
Towards the end of the nineteenth century marching bands were popular in America. Black musicians began to jazz up the marches, adding syncopated rhythms, 'bending' notes and improvising on the melodies.
Where Did It Originate?
Jazz Music (also known as Black Music became a thing in America. It emerged around the turn of the Nineteenth/Twentieth century. There are many styles/variants of Jazz. However broadly speaking Jazz is characterised by improvisations, syncopations and swung rhythms.
There are styles for different cities such as the New Orleans Style and the Chicago style