Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
3- Designing ELT taks with YouTube videos
Eyüp Dilberon 28 February 2014
Transcript of 3- Designing ELT taks with YouTube videos
YouTube is a platform where you find and share
authentic video material
which can also be used in your classroom
all sorts of videos people have made of themselves, others, of TV shows, etc. and have put on the web
Why YouTube Videos?
From Pedagogical perspective
the development of listening comprehension skills
support lexical and grammatical issues
provides cultural information
Criteria for selecting videos
1- Does the video help learners reach their learning objective(s)?
2- Does the video reflect authentic use of the target language?
3- Is the rate of speech and the type and strength of accents appropriate
4 Does it provide enough contextual clues?
Make the use of YouTube videos.
1. Copy. Then, share or email the link
How to download Youtube videos?
Only those videos explicitly allowed to download
or through some download helper extensions
How to edit YouTube videos?
use video editing software such as the
to edit your videos, add special features, etc
Designing ELT task with
1- First thing first, they are authentic.
2- Used for different learning environments
(face-to-face, distance and online learning)
3- Contain cultural elements of the target language.
4- more attractive for students, they appeal to their word
2. Embed a video into a website, a blog, Moodle, Blackboard, WebCT, etc.
2. Create a Youtube account , your own playlist on YouTube and upload your videos
How to Protect your students’ privacy?
Establish a secure YouTube channel just for your class, mostly insecure about about posting videos of themselves.
Secure just some videos and make it private.