Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pioneer in Character Education-Horace Mann
Transcript of Pioneer in Character Education-Horace Mann
"The Father of American Education"
May 4, 1796 – August 2, 1859
He was influential.
He was a reformer.
He was vigorous.
He was a leader.
Admirable qualities of
He was vocal and angered people on his main principles regarding public education and its troubles
Horace Mann best exemplifies Respect: He was respected for his push for "Public Education."
Second valuable lens that describes Horace Mann is Integrity: He stood up against all odds and succeeded, even for today's standard.
Three words that best describe Horace Mann
Presentation by Liza Artero
Least admirable qualities of Horace Mann
He was not afraid to make changes
Best quote that captures the essence of Horace Mann
Quote to the graduating class of Antioch College in 1859 during thier commencement ceremony:
"I beseech you to treasure up in your hearts these my parting words: Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
Horace Mann is the pioneer for the development of "Public Education."
(1) Citizens cannot maintain both ignorance and freedom; (2) This education should be paid for, controlled, and maintained by the public; (3) This education should be provided in schools that embrace children from varying backgrounds; (4) This education must be nonsectarian; (5) This education must be taught using tenets of a free society; and (6) This education must be provided by well-trained, professional teachers.
to overcome obstacles for the betterment of people.
The one "value" I would ascribe to Horace Mann is
Mann's 6 principles of Education
Biotrue story. Horrace man (1996–2013) A+E Television Networks LLC.…online retrieved from
http://www.biography.com/people/horace-mann-9397522 [20 October2013]
Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) (1995 – 2013)Only a teacher school
house pioneers Online retrieved from
[19 October 2013]
Dictionary of Unitarian and Universalist Biography (1999- 2013)Retrieved from http://www25.uua.org/uuhs/duub/articles/horacemann.html [20 October 2013]
The quotations page (1994-2013) Horace Mann online retrieved from http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Horace_Mann [20 October 2013]