Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Language riot
History of the Ukraine Language
language riot - Russian vs Ukrainian
Perspective of Ukraine on the Language Riot
▷Language Suppression and Resistance of Korean Language
▷Suppression of Korean language
▷Suppression of Korean language
Movement of Protection
Results of Suppression
Four basic aspects of language issue in Ukraine
1. Everyday use- communication between people
2. Official Use
Particularly the Legal and Education Systems
3. Commercial Aspect
4. Symbolic and Identity Aspect
"Ukrainians hate Russia so they refuse to speak Russian."
Russian as the second official language?
“Fighting for Ukraine language, hard but worth it. may be swamped. language law itself is just another step..
"it's our right to speak what we want to speak."
1. Tolerating the present state of “unofficial bilingualism”
2. Legalization of the use of Russian in public life in a narrower or wider scope
in the entire territory of Ukraine or in part of the country.
3. Consistent removal of the Russian language from public life
- Korea under Japanese rule (1910 ~ 1945)
-Newspaper Law (1907)
Preventing the publication of local papers
No Korean-owned newspapers
no Korean-owned newspapers
- Seizing newspapers without warning
-a thousand recorded seizure
Forced Japanese Education
1, Korean Language Society
Making dictionary, Codification, Loanword orthography Imprisioned
2, Korea Daily News
National debt redemption movement
1, Lexical vestiges
-Controversial, but should be rejected
2, Pressures on discussion
-Rationalization of colonization
-Violation of Korean history
what is the national language in india?
most populous language of the world
at least 1,600
consolidating the riots
- Differences between North and South
- South was forced to learn a ‘new language’, Hindi
- South Indians unfairly treated in daily lives
Thank you for listening
Q & A
Languages of austria
7th MOST POPULOUS
compulsory teaching of Hindi
2 dead and 1,198 arrested
withdrawn by the British Governor
New constitution(1950) :
Hindi + English
want continued use of English
switching to hindi as
sole official language
acts of violence, looting, firing ..
Deaths of about seventy people
Indian Prime Minister
: English as the official language
Two similar, but smaller agitations
in 1968 and 1986
IMPACTS OF RIOTS
: IN 1967, AGITATION LEADER
the Congress Party never recapture power since then.
THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE ACT
: in 1967, to guarantee the indefinite use of Hindi and English as official languages.
ENHANCED nATIONAL POWER