Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Lewis and Clark
Transcript of Lewis and Clark
Jefferson supported them.
the first American expedition to cross what is now the western portion of the United States
the explorers consisted of a select group of U.S. Army volunteers.
U.S army volunteers
They explored all over and named many things. Clark names the Judith River in honor of a girl back in Virginia he hopes to marry.
September 9, 1805 -
- The expedition camps at present day Missoula, Montana, a spot Lewis and Clark called Travelers Rest to prepare for the mountain crossing.
September 22, 1805 -
- After nearly starving in the mountains the expedition emerges near present-day Weippe, Idaho.
I am the leader of our expidition so far we have found many things and established trade with some native american tribes. Were getting close to the pacific ocean.
I was recruited by Meriwether Lewis to go on an expidition across the western territory after we made the Louisana Purchase.