Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
social.coop ecosystem v1
Transcript of social.coop ecosystem v1
fee for service
Should we help fork Mastodon?
Make a Coop?
(Maastodon hosted 16 instances)
Rest of the Fediverse
For governance and working groups
For chat, collaborative editing (etherpad), and video conferencing (jitsi)
Our Financial Host (U.S. based C Corp.
Accounting and transparency tools
possible financial host
Internet of Ownership Project Council
The Internet of Ownership Project Council (IOPC) is a consensus-based decision-making body that uses a pool of collectively owned resources to develop platform cooperativism.
social.coop has a representative on the IOPC
bylaws and other info.
run open source web applications
how much do we really use this?
Now owned by Microsoft
Should we help other hosts go Co-op?
a Co-op host?
as a co-op?
Loomio thread: https://www.loomio.org/d/njvL24lU/should-we-buy-a-share-in-the-web-architects-co-op-to-get-access-to-git-coop-
(backed by google & others)
the tools we use
how we get money
hosting & servers
use only FLOSS &/or Co-op platforms?