Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
DEMOGRAPHY AND AGRICULTURE
Transcript of DEMOGRAPHY AND AGRICULTURE
-The perfection of the horse-drawn seed press
-The large-scale growth of new crops
-The passing of the Enclosure Laws
The Industrial Revolution
·It began in Britain in the 18th century and finished in the 19th
·Industrialization increased the number of factories and mass production with the improvement of machinery
·The increasing of the enclosed space of agricultural lands and production.
·Population growth due to the increase production of food and raw materials
TIMELINE OF MAIN INVENTIONS
Threshing machine (1786)
First reaping machine ( 1827)
Steam power ( 1850)
seed drill( 1701)
Why did the population grow?
moved to the city
birth rate increased
Technological and scientific developments meant industry
The population of London doubled in the fifty years from 1801 to 1851
dirt and diseases.
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE AGRICULTURAL REVOLUTION TO THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
England gathered together in increasingly large urban centres, to work in factories and other mass places of work.
tiny living spaces
More and Younger Marriages
· Increased the crop yield
· Production of enough food.
· Doubled the population
· The wool was more available.
· Better care of the animals and selective breading.
More opportunities to have children
Horse drawn hoe: