Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"Fahrenheit 451" pg.3-21
Transcript of "Fahrenheit 451" pg.3-21
1. What does it mean when it says, “It never went away, that smile, it never ever went away, as long as he remembered” (4).
Guy Montag seeks pleasure out of burning books.
5. What is Clarisse’s personality like? Provide evidence.
Clarisse is crazy. Montag says, "'You are an odd one'" (8). Clarisse is not a normal girl, she thinks too much.
8. What did they do to Mildred? Will she survive?
Two men came to the house and pumped her stomach. They also gave her new blood to make her feel completely better.
2. How does Montag describe Clarisse?
Guy Montag describes Clarisse as being young, pale, and yet astonishing.
3. What specifically does Montag do as a fireman?
He does not put out fires. He starts fires by burning books.
4. What is their slogan?
"'Monday burn Millay, Wednesday Whitman, Friday Faulkner, burn 'em to ashes, then burn the ashes. That's our official slogan'" (8).
6. Who is Mildred? What is she like?
Mildred is Guy Montag's wife. She lays in bed staring at the ceiling while headphones play constant sounds into her ears. During the day, she only watches television.
7. What did Mildred do?
Mildred took too many pills, and overdosed.
9. Why is this particular situation happening all of the time now?
People seem extremely depressed about their current living situation.
10. Explain, “If only someone else’s flesh and brain and memory. If only they could have taken her mind along to the dry cleaner’s and emptied the pockets and steamed and cleansed it and reblocked it and brought it back in the morning. If only…” (16).