Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Supporting students who Have difficulty learning Mathematics
Transcript of Supporting students who Have difficulty learning Mathematics
- Common Misunderstandings
- Peter Westwood - 1 minute Test of Basic Number Facts Part 2: Developing Understanding of
Fractions using number lines
and measurement models Why do students have difficulty with fractions?
- Natural Numbers
- Rational Numbers
- Need ways to represent fractions
- Whole number schemes
- Confident with rote procedures Misunderstandings in Fractions
and Decimals - based in a 3/4 classroom.
Visit involved useful activities, resources & planners
to assist misunderstandings in fractions - specific focus on representing and adding fractions. EXTRA Andrea Hillbrick Resources Supporting students who have difficulty learning Mathematics > Benchmarks - indicators or descriptors
> Minimal Acceptable Standard - critical levels
> Benchmarks: only essential elements
Some examples of assessment include:
- Mathematics Online Interview
- Fractions and Decimals Online Interview
- Assessment for Common Misunderstandings
- PAT Maths
- Peter Westwood One Minute Basic Number Facts tests
- Teacher designed tests
- Work samples
- Teacher observation
Are there any other sources of information that you use? Lesson Structure - Warm Up
- Whole Class Focus: including learning intention, success criteria, instructions
- Whole Class Task: including mini lesson & Teacher Roving
- Reflection Time
- Fraction Flip
- 10 Practical Tip Booklet
- Reflection Book - Reflection Strategies Where to next? Developing and promoting positive engagement and attitudes amongst all Winchelsea students and teachers in Mathematics. At Ceres PS we will be continuing our journey to use our Numeracy Guide based around the Developmental Continuum by adding more rich and authentic tasks to promote further understandings in Numeracy. What are some characteristics of students who have difficulty learning Mathematics?