Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Almost home
- Sugar and her mother are having some problems at home with keeping the house after the father disappeared. School is also a little bit of a challenge for sugar but Mr. B, the teacher, encourages her and helps her through. But When a horrible thing happens, Sugar and Reba keep their heads up when they become homeless.
Likes & Dislikes
Who i would recommend this to?
- I would recommend this to anyone who likes sad or books that realate to whats happening now.
- Will Reba get better and reunite with sugar and they get their own home or will Reba never get better and sugar has to stay with Lexie and Mac?
Author: Joan Bauer
-Sugar is the main character
-She lives with her mother
-Personality: nice, and cares about others.
-She is sugars mother.
-Personality: Keeps to herself.
-She is sugars dog
-She was give in away by her old owner because she was poorly treated by the father.
-Shush is shy.
-This is sugars teacher.
-They keep in touch.
-He cares about sugar.
- At the shelter
-Time frame: now
-They move and shush comes into the family. They live at the Guernsey's house with Lexie and Mac who are friends of Reba's. They stayed there for a while until Reba got sick. She went to a hospital while sugar stays at the house with shush. Sugar gets very comfortable at the house with Lexie and Mac. She actually loves ti there.
- It was about a young girl that faced challenges with her head held high.
- It wasn't all about the main character it made it feel like every one was that important.
- The author made it seem alive and so true.
- It was a little questionable at points.
- It was kinda sad.
- Sugar and someone go back and forth between the house and the hospital and you can realy understand where they are.
Time period and city