Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
American Government Chapter 2 prezi
Transcript of American Government Chapter 2 prezi
- was the first colony, located in Virginia
- settled by the British in 1607
- they had a self-government which was a representative democracy
- first example of self-government created by Europeans
Enlightenment was a period in Europe when many philosophers
were thinking about human right
Where's my text- who is keep removing it
Self-Government in the Colonies
- Thomas Jefferson was the primary writer the Declaration of Independence.
- Thomas Jefferson replaced John Locke's "property" with "pursuit of happiness"
Declaration of Independence
The Articles of Confederation
- Was created to make sure the new national government had very little power
- The legislature couldn't collect taxes, pass laws easily, and had no power over the debt from the war
- A Constitutional Congress decided to write a new constitution in 1787
Chapter 3 incoming
Origins of U.S. Government
Where is my text?
Yeah mine too :(