Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Singhania
Success: The Case of Singhania and Partners People Management, The Mantra for
Success: The Case of Singhania and Partners Chase Engel
Pengfei Yang Recommendations Conclusion Questions??? Stakeholder Management Introduction Macro and Micro Issues Macro Issues:
Increased Demands of legal services... "Poaching"
Possible liberalization & Lifting of Indian Laws
Shortage of Lawyers/ High Attrition Micro Issues:
Maintain customer base
Avoid effects of attrition Clients
• Opened an office in U.S.
• Moved to a bigger office in New Delhi to accommodate Daewoo
• Set up offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, and Hyderabad to service expanding client base. Employees
• Outsourced processes requiring form-
filling: Employee Stimulation
• Merit based rewards for those employees
whose service they valued.
• Encouraged work-life balance. Loyalty Singhania & Partners
• Singhania and Partners one of he largest full-services law firms in India
• Founder: Ravi Singhania. A savvy and experienced Indian lawyer with international experience.
• Created in 1999: has grown from 2 people to 50 in 7 years. • Willingness to make an
investment or personal sacrifice
to strengthen a relationship.
• Commitment Singhania
• Bi-weekly open house
• Open door policy
• Seth wanting to return • Introduction
• Issues with Attrition
• Stakeholder Management at Singhania &
• Loyalty at Singhania & Partners
• Q&A • Sustain good practices:
- Career Development
- Compensation • Exit Interview Process
• Communication Process:
• Ensure proactive
leadership and HR
• Performance Mgmt System:
• Fit Org's Strategy Attrition • India experienced shortage of good quality legal professionals.
• With ample opportunities in the legal industry, attrition became a concern.
• Effective HR management was essential for Singhania.
• The effects turnover has on an organization.
• Seth’s departure from Singhania.
1. Left for more money
2. Did not discuss his reasons for leaving What Aspects Of A Job Are Important To You? REFERENCES Sanborn, P., Malhotra, R., & Atchison, A. (2011). Trends in global employee engagement. Retrieved from
http://www.aon.com/attachments/thoughtleadership/Trends_Global_Employee_Engagement_Final.pdf. Reduced turnover: Best Employers see
significantly lower levels of turnover in all regions
— Asia: 40% lower turnover
— Australia: 45% lower turnover
— Canada: 54% lower turnover
— Europe: 30% lower turnover
— U.S.: 50% lower turnover Sanborn, P., Malhotra, R., Atchison, A. Marusarz, T., Kao, T., Bell, A.,Veres, R., & Bakos, R. “Being a Best Employer is worth $75 million
annually in recruiting, retention, and
—Scott McNealy, Sun Microsystems Marusarz, T., Kao, T., Bell, A.,Veres, R., & Bakos, R. (2009). What makes a company a best employer?.
Retrieved from https://ceplb03.hewitt.com/bestemployers/pdfs/ BestEmployer.pdf. Goyal, P. (2008). People management, the mantra for success: The case of Singhania and Partners. Hong
Kong: The University of Hong Kong. Sanborn, P., Malhotra, R., & Atchison, A. AGENDA