Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Singhania
Success: The Case of Singhania and Partners People Management, The Mantra for
Success: The Case of Singhania and Partners Chase Engel
Pengfei Yang Recommendations Conclusion Questions??? Stakeholder Management Introduction Macro and Micro Issues Macro Issues:
Increased Demands of legal services... "Poaching"
Possible liberalization & Lifting of Indian Laws
Shortage of Lawyers/ High Attrition Micro Issues:
Maintain customer base
Avoid effects of attrition Clients
• Opened an office in U.S.
• Moved to a bigger office in New Delhi to accommodate Daewoo
• Set up offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, and Hyderabad to service expanding client base. Employees
• Outsourced processes requiring form-
filling: Employee Stimulation
• Merit based rewards for those employees
whose service they valued.
• Encouraged work-life balance. Loyalty Singhania & Partners
• Singhania and Partners one of he largest full-services law firms in India
• Founder: Ravi Singhania. A savvy and experienced Indian lawyer with international experience.
• Created in 1999: has grown from 2 people to 50 in 7 years. • Willingness to make an
investment or personal sacrifice
to strengthen a relationship.
• Commitment Singhania
• Bi-weekly open house
• Open door policy
• Seth wanting to return • Introduction
• Issues with Attrition
• Stakeholder Management at Singhania &
• Loyalty at Singhania & Partners
• Q&A • Sustain good practices:
- Career Development
- Compensation • Exit Interview Process
• Communication Process:
• Ensure proactive
leadership and HR
• Performance Mgmt System:
• Fit Org's Strategy Attrition • India experienced shortage of good quality legal professionals.
• With ample opportunities in the legal industry, attrition became a concern.
• Effective HR management was essential for Singhania.
• The effects turnover has on an organization.
• Seth’s departure from Singhania.
1. Left for more money
2. Did not discuss his reasons for leaving What Aspects Of A Job Are Important To You? REFERENCES Sanborn, P., Malhotra, R., & Atchison, A. (2011). Trends in global employee engagement. Retrieved from
http://www.aon.com/attachments/thoughtleadership/Trends_Global_Employee_Engagement_Final.pdf. Reduced turnover: Best Employers see
significantly lower levels of turnover in all regions
— Asia: 40% lower turnover
— Australia: 45% lower turnover
— Canada: 54% lower turnover
— Europe: 30% lower turnover
— U.S.: 50% lower turnover Sanborn, P., Malhotra, R., Atchison, A. Marusarz, T., Kao, T., Bell, A.,Veres, R., & Bakos, R. “Being a Best Employer is worth $75 million
annually in recruiting, retention, and
—Scott McNealy, Sun Microsystems Marusarz, T., Kao, T., Bell, A.,Veres, R., & Bakos, R. (2009). What makes a company a best employer?.
Retrieved from https://ceplb03.hewitt.com/bestemployers/pdfs/ BestEmployer.pdf. Goyal, P. (2008). People management, the mantra for success: The case of Singhania and Partners. Hong
Kong: The University of Hong Kong. Sanborn, P., Malhotra, R., & Atchison, A. AGENDA