Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Background U.S.S. Maine
Transcript of Background U.S.S. Maine
of the U.S.S. Maine (1898) Havana, Cuba,
February, 1898 The Sinking of the U.S.S. Maine Havana Harbor (Cuba), 1898 The Dealio for x October, 2012 1) Bell-Ringer: Yellow-Journalism
2) Background for the U.S.S. Maine
- What was the U.S.S. Maine?
- Why was it in Havana, Cuba?
- The U.S.S. Maine Sinks . . . Why? When a clock is hungry . . . Does it go back 4 seconds? Why Was the U.S.S. Maine
anchored in Havana, Cuba? Why was the U.S.S. Maine at Cuba? Sending a message to Spain: Watch your step in Cuba! 15 February, 1898, 9:40 pm . . . A sudden explosion sinks
the Maine, killing 240+ Yellow Journalism Fuels the Rage Against Spain Hearst Newspaper Headline #1 Hearst Newspaper Headline #2 Bell-Ringer: The Year: 1898 -
a) What was
b) What was the
purpose of YJ
c) How might YJ
make a controversial
situation worse? "Remember the Maine" What Caused the Maine to Sink? Did Spain Sink the
Maine, or was it a
horrible accident? Page 22: The Sinking of the Maine
Imperialism: A nation expands it influence beyond it borders
"Jingoism": VERY AGGRESSIVE
Imperialism Guess Who Likes Politics This Election Year!!!!!!(!)!!!!!!!!