Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of PREPOSITION
*Is shows a relationship between its object & other words in the sentence.
3. Time Preposition (Kata Sendi) Time & Date Place & Position show : spatial RELATIONSHIP/ LOCATION
Eg : The book is on the table
on ; shows the spatial relationship between the book & the table Direction 1. The flower vase is on/by/beside/near/under the table
2. The old man sitting behind/in front of/beside/near/opposite his grandchildren
3. Haikal is in/inside/outside/in front of/behind/underneath/on top of the bus.
4. The girls walked across/around/under/down/up/ over/through/on the park.
others preposition of place refer to page 109....:) PLACE & POSITION DATE & TIME Please make sure that you arrive at/by/before/after 10 o'clock
1. At : at exactly / precisely 10 o'clock
2. By : not later than 10 o'clock Direction The cat into/out of/toward the building
1. In : refer to PLACE/POSITION
eg ; The Prime Minister is in his office now.
2. Into : refer to MOTION/ACTION (although in is used interchangeably with into situation of this kind
eg; I saw her going into (in) the direction's office yesterday. http://www.perfect-english-grammar.com/verbs-and-prepositions-exercise-1.html http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/prepositions used to show RELATIONSHIP Show : direction of SOMETHING / a PLACE
eg : The old man walks towards the little girl
toward ; show the direction the old man is going that is to the girl. IN--ON
In ----- beneath the surface
On ----- touching on surface
eg : There is a curry spot on my dress and moth hole in the jumper.
On ----- the name of the street
At -----the house number & the name street
eg : Sharifah lives on Jalan Sasigaran.
Ainon lives at Lot 407, Jalan suka.
In---location within house, building, city & so forth
eg : I'll meet you at the lecture hall
In (location within a country)
eg : They own a house in Langkawi Island
In (refer to cities)
eg : The students lives in Ipoh, Perak
At (refer to the arrival of a train & so forth)
eg : The train will arrive at Hadyai at 4.30 a.m 1. At
eg : The rugby game will start at 5 pm
eg : Try to be at the airport by 10 O'clock
eg : The commuter will arrive in half an hour.
eg : Ellen's birthday is on October 23.
5. for, during, since
eg : *We stayed in Paris for a week
*The couple saw each other often
during the long break.
*I have been working since the
6. after, before
eg : * Call me again after 4 pm
* My father always gets home
before 6 pm
other preposition refer to page 115... Show : an exact /particular time
eg : There is faculty meeting at 3 pm this afternoon
at ; show the exact when the meeting is going to happen.