Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of PREPOSITION
*Is shows a relationship between its object & other words in the sentence.
3. Time Preposition (Kata Sendi) Time & Date Place & Position show : spatial RELATIONSHIP/ LOCATION
Eg : The book is on the table
on ; shows the spatial relationship between the book & the table Direction 1. The flower vase is on/by/beside/near/under the table
2. The old man sitting behind/in front of/beside/near/opposite his grandchildren
3. Haikal is in/inside/outside/in front of/behind/underneath/on top of the bus.
4. The girls walked across/around/under/down/up/ over/through/on the park.
others preposition of place refer to page 109....:) PLACE & POSITION DATE & TIME Please make sure that you arrive at/by/before/after 10 o'clock
1. At : at exactly / precisely 10 o'clock
2. By : not later than 10 o'clock Direction The cat into/out of/toward the building
1. In : refer to PLACE/POSITION
eg ; The Prime Minister is in his office now.
2. Into : refer to MOTION/ACTION (although in is used interchangeably with into situation of this kind
eg; I saw her going into (in) the direction's office yesterday. http://www.perfect-english-grammar.com/verbs-and-prepositions-exercise-1.html http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/prepositions used to show RELATIONSHIP Show : direction of SOMETHING / a PLACE
eg : The old man walks towards the little girl
toward ; show the direction the old man is going that is to the girl. IN--ON
In ----- beneath the surface
On ----- touching on surface
eg : There is a curry spot on my dress and moth hole in the jumper.
On ----- the name of the street
At -----the house number & the name street
eg : Sharifah lives on Jalan Sasigaran.
Ainon lives at Lot 407, Jalan suka.
In---location within house, building, city & so forth
eg : I'll meet you at the lecture hall
In (location within a country)
eg : They own a house in Langkawi Island
In (refer to cities)
eg : The students lives in Ipoh, Perak
At (refer to the arrival of a train & so forth)
eg : The train will arrive at Hadyai at 4.30 a.m 1. At
eg : The rugby game will start at 5 pm
eg : Try to be at the airport by 10 O'clock
eg : The commuter will arrive in half an hour.
eg : Ellen's birthday is on October 23.
5. for, during, since
eg : *We stayed in Paris for a week
*The couple saw each other often
during the long break.
*I have been working since the
6. after, before
eg : * Call me again after 4 pm
* My father always gets home
before 6 pm
other preposition refer to page 115... Show : an exact /particular time
eg : There is faculty meeting at 3 pm this afternoon
at ; show the exact when the meeting is going to happen.