Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Median Age and GDP
Transcript of Median Age and GDP
Median Age vs. GDP (in millions) of countries
-Data for GDP is display in millions
-'Original Data' is with no Superpowers
-Additional graphs with Superpowers
You are Here
Median Age: 41.5
Median Age: 37.2
Median Age: 38.8
Median Age: 26.7
Median Age: 30.3
Median Age: 36.3
Median Age: 45.8
Median Age: 40.3
Median Age: 40.6
Median age vs Gross Domestic Product in each country.
Hypothesis: We predict that as the median age of a country increases the Gross Domestic Product of that country will also increase.
weak-moderate positive correlation.
- By using the systematic sampling method
we eliminated as much bias as possible.
- All data collected is common knowledge and therefore is not subject to bias.
-There are 257 countries in the world
-We eliminated bias by using a systematic sampling method
-We went to www.cia.gov and chose every 3rd country as a data piece
There are many possible extraneous variables including:
- Natural Resources
Mean (average age of countries): 28.9 years
Standard Deviation: 8.34 years
Mean (average of total wealth of countries): $766,952,000,000
Standard Deviation: $2,356,890,000
Median Age: 45.7
Mean: 27.45 years
Standard Deviation: 7.55 years
Standard Deviation: $282,314,000
This means the correlation is weak-moderate positive which makes our hypothesis right.
Median Age: 44.2
Santa was Here Here Here!
Box and Whisker Plot
With the superpowers removed the
correlation increases slightly; 0.04 more.
Causal Relationship and Correlation
r value: 0.32
Our prediction of a weak-moderate positive correlation was correct.
Superpowers were all outliers
Next time we would do GDP per capita. This would represent how much money per person.
-A sovereign country inside of Italy
-One of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe
-No national debt with budget surplus
-Really high Median age 43.2
-Low GDP 1.3 billion dollars
- Correlation was weak
- GDP is not the only factor affecting median age
- many extraneous variables must be taken into account
-Highest median age is Monaco 48.9
-Highest GDP is the US with 15,680,000,000,000 (15.6 trillion)
-Lowest median age Uganda with 15 years
-Lowest GDP is Tuvalu with 36 million