Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Spreadsheets
how to work a spreadsheet
how to use a spreadsheet
Calculations are done with total accuracy
Numeric data can be displayed as graphs or charts.
text, numbers and formula can be copied easily and quickly across rows or down columns
Formula calculations (adding, totaling, multiplying, dividing, calculating percentages, etc,) are carried out almost instantaneously.
Data can be organized easily and quickly by sorting or filtering.
all the spreadsheet disadvantages listed here, this is perhaps the most damaging. Fraudulent manipulations in company Excel files have already resulted in Billion-Dollar losses. The main underlying reason behind this spreadsheet vulnerability is the inherent lack of controls, which makes it so easy to alter either formulas, values, or dependencies without being detected.
2. SUSCEPTIBLE TO TRIVIAL HUMAN ERRORS
While fraud will always be a threat to spreadsheet systems, there is a more significant threat that should make you seriously consider getting rid of these outdated systems. And that is its extreme susceptibility to even trivial human errors. Missed negative signs and misaligned rows may sound harmless.
The Professional Life of