Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
She doesn't speak
Transcript of She doesn't speak
Marita van der Vyver
1) Conversation between Anneke and a friend of hers, Anouk gives background information and tells her story
2) Trip to South Africa and visit to the old house in Pretoria
= active experience
- easy language style --> no difficult words
- unexpected, happy ending
- "Iceberg theory"
- relevant topic
- shows the feelings of the characters very well
--> feelings of happiness / loss
Own opinion on the text
Story told in the beginning
She sees Becca in the backyard --> starts to scream
Conversation in the end
The story tells us about Anouk.
From the moment she watches
her father get shot
by robbers, she doesn't speak
a word any more. After that
traumatic incident she moves
to England with her mother.
She tells us about her feelings,
her nightmares and her hopes.
During a vacation in Pretoria,
South Africa, where she was
born, she finally regains her
voice as she meets Rebecca,
the former maid of Anouks
Marita van der Vyver
1958 in Cape Town
Important points in life:
1980: spent a year in Europe
Since 1987: journalist, translater
1992: she wrote her first book
Since 1999: she has been living with her family in France
she married Alaib Claisse
she has four children: Mia, Daniel, Thomas and Hugo
small, short hair, bare face, wears boys clothes, walks barefoot
lonely, blames herself for her father's death, loved her father and South Africa, never spoke much, loves
14 years old, hasn't spoken since she saw her father get shot
Anouk / Noekie
short dark hair, small ears, thin neck, wears makeup, looks exotic
talks very much, very emotional, scared of loss and violence, disappointed of her daughter
lives in England now, has a new boyfriend (short, stocky, treats Anouk very nicely)
South African woman, black, thin
The family's maid, Anouk's best friend and her role model
courageous, calm, firm in a dangerous situation
saved Anouk's and Anneke's lives
Rebecca / Becca