Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What Is Orange?
Transcript of What Is Orange?
Matthew 22:37-39 Integrate Strategy Align leaders and parents to lead with the same end in mind. Churches spend an awful amount of time talking about mission, but not a lot of time talking about strategy. Be America's Best Quick Serve Restaurant To refresh the world, inspire moments of optimism and happiness, create value and make a difference. To provide the highest level of service, the broadest selection of products and the most competitive prices. To make people happy To give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. It's the effectiveness of your strategy, not the scope of your mission, that ultimately determines your success. The biggest gift you can give your church is to spend enormous amounts of time wrestling with strategy. without strategy Frustrated Staff
Misaligned Departments strat·e·gy: A plan of action with an end in mind. I can direct a 2 ton vehicle. Elementary Preschool High School Middle School College 1. Exist to primarily show people where to go.
2. Designed to work together. PreSchool Elementary Middle School High School College Evaluate everything you are DOING in light of where you are GOING. It helps you SYNCHRONIZE EVERYONE. Where do you want people to be? The Right Kind of..... You will never get everyone on the same page until you consistently get everyone in the same room. What is your mission? Without a clear strategy, your mission is limited to being a noble idea. Refine the Message Craft core truths into engaging, relevant and memorable experiences. We can't talk about change without talking about the MESSAGE of the church. It has become like white noise. Changing the color did not change the nutritional content. 180,552 in the New Testatment 600,585 in the Old Testament 800,000 Words in the Bible 25,000 of Jesus' words were recorded. TEACH with the end in mind. 40 Hours 500 Hours All scripture is equally inspired. We should teach the entire Bible to kids. Words are important Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Matthew 22:37-39 Not all scripture is equally important. How you say it is as important as what you say. "Life is like a box of chocolates." "Just keep swimming..." How much time do you invest on what you say? Say ONE thing at a time Say it over and over again It's presentation, not more information, that engages the imagination. Emphasize Application "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."
James 2:17 Spiritual maturity comes from application not contemplation. Information has a cancellation effect. Carrots:
Red, Yellow, Black and White.... 17th Century:
In honor of William of Orange Sometimes we don't color truth the right way. Who do we want them to become? at church 10 years to fully systems consolidate memory Elevate Community Power of a Coach Every child needs another adult voice in their life. Everyone is connected to a caring leader and a consistent group of peers. What comes first:
Believing or Belonging? We have a powerful tool in our churches Not many churches have intentional community for kids. What does that look like? It's more difficult It makes all the difference in the world. You can't compete with production. Every Church can create community. Community is how kids grow. Prioritizing community changes how you lead. Changes Priorities:
The right kind of leaders. Changes Programs:
A step to move students toward community. Changes your definition of Success:
Stories from relationships. Changes you as a leader. Parents Reactivate the Family Parents actively participate
in the spiritual formation
of their own children. An estimated 47 percent of household consumers decorate for Halloween. Halloween is second only to Christmas in the volume of decorations sold. > Over 790 million pounds of jack-o’-
lanterns and pumpkin pies will be bought.
> Candy sales will exceed $2 billion. More than 93 percent of children go trick-or-treating every year. 2>1+1 85% believe they have the primary responsibility to teach religious beliefs. 96% believe they have the primary responsibility to teach character and values. less than 1/5 felt the church helped them. 1/3 of general population. 2/3 of parents with kids under 18. 100 years from now, the only thing that will matter is a child's relationship with God. No one has more potential to impact a child's relationship than a parent. What happens at home Is more important than what happens at church Spiritual Leadership:
To help your child take the next step in their faith. Right or wrong, there is something about October 31 that stirs the imagination and engages the hearts of parents. Why can't we reengage the imagination of families at church? Everybody believes in family. Do you believe in parents? Leverage Influence Create consistent opportunities for students to experience personal ministry. The Power of Experience It has to go from head knowledge to heart change ... Experience is the greatest teaching tool. Is your model of ministry promoting a spectator faith? Learning vs.
Experiencing Experience with mission? The heart will gravitate toward whatever offeres adventure and significance. What makes us think students will own ministry after they leave if we don't give them opportunity while they are here? If it doesn't move from their heads to their hands it will probably never move their hearts. We need a new measuring stick How many are experiencing what God wants to do through them to rescue a generation? Redesign your strategy Structure programs to help students get in the game. 1. Think about your programming from a visitor's perspective. Do they clearly know the direction you're leading their family and what you want them to become?
Where are you sending mixed messages about what you want them to do next? 2. An innovative dad dreamed big to combine family time with an amusement park and media to create the phenomenon we now call Disney. What other organizations or leaders can you think of that show they value or cater to families?
What keeps families coming back for more? 3. Believing or Belonging ....what comes first? Which order does your church emphasize? Believe first, then we'll put you in a group? Or we'll connect you to a group, thinking that might help you believe?
What would be your 30 second elevator pitch for the change in philosophy? You find a different kind of volunteer. What do you think the new guy will do? 1984