Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Should animals be kept in zoos?
Transcript of Should animals be kept in zoos?
designed by Péter Puklus for Prezi
- nothing compares to it
- need proper weather
- zoo can't replicate
- need ability to roam freely
- harder to find mates
- zoos are cruel
-not enough space
- not natural habitat
-changes behavior of animal
- bad for health
Reasons they should not
- hurt animals if they disobey
- shorten life spans
- abuse performing animals
-visitors throw things at them
Cruelty at zoos
"Zoo females only live 19 years—about half the life span of the Myanma timber elephants, which, on average, survive until 42." - National Geographic
- enclosed by fences
- not enough space to run wild
-causes physical and mental frustration
- area cant satisfy basic needs
- strange habitat
-makes animals hostile
- same environment becomes boring
- separation from pact can
- bored and loneliness
- develop common "zoochosis"
- swaying back and first is a sign of this
-"This condition is so rampant in zoos that some zoos give animals a mood-altering drug, such as Prozac, because the public has started to catch on." - PETA
-so desperate they try to free themselves
- get arthritis from enclosure
- zoo highlights endangered animals
- allows people to raise money to
keep them protected
- educates children to protect the planet
for the animals
- sensitizes people to the importance
of these animals
- keep them at wildlife refuges (more space)
- get to stay in habitat similar to one they are accustomed to
- educate people through safaris or videos.